- Common layouts
- Rules of combined ads
- Native Ads
- Best practices
- Native ads are not the same as traditional banners
- STDC framework
Combined (responsive) ads are created from texts and pictures. All you need to do is enter a short and long headline, images, the company name, description, and URL. If the logo is missing, name of the company will be displayed. After launching your campaign, the Sklik system generates ads automatically. Ads are fitted into available ad space on our partners’ websites. Combined ads are displayed in the Sklik display network and they don’t replace banners.
- Rectangular picture – recommended dimensions 1200 x 628 px.
- Square picture – recommended dimensions 1200 x 1200 px.
- Square logo – recommended dimensions 1200 x 1200 px.
- Rectangular logo – recommended dimensions 1200 x 300 px.
- Short headline – the short headline is the first row of an ad and it is shown when the long headline is too long for the available ad space.
- Long headline – In some ads only the long headline is shown, so it is important to show the user the subject of the ad and what they can expect on the landing page.
- Description – The description is added to the short headline and calls users to action.
- Company Name – You can use your business name or brand name
All new combined ads which are created/ uploaded to Sklik after May 1, 2019 will not be approved if they contain inserted text. Original logo of the producer is approved (not the logo of the reseller).
|picture + short headline + description + favicon + company name|
|picture + short headline description + logo/company name with favicon|
|picture + long headline|
|picture + short headline + logo/company name with favicon|
|picture + short headline + description|
|short headline + description + favicon|
|long headline + favicon|
There is always one of the headline displayed – either short or long, according to the size of advertising place. Both of the headlines are never displayed at the same time. Text of headline is never shortened.
Rules of combined ads
|Text field||Max. lenght||Obligatory|
|Short headline||25 characters||YES|
|Long headline||90 characters||YES|
|Company name||25 characters||YES|
|Destination URL||1024 characters||YES|
|Tracking template||1024 characters||NO|
|Type of picture||Min. dimensions||Max. picture size||Recommended dimensions||Obligatory|
|Rectangle (1,91:1)||600 × 314 px||1 MB||1200×628 px||NO|
|Square (1:1)||300 × 300 px||1 MB||1200×1200 px||NO|
|Type of logo||Min. dimensions||Max. logo size||Recommended dimensions||Obligatory|
|Rectangle (4:1)||512 × 128 px||1 MB||800×200 px||NO|
|Square (1:1)||128 × 128 px||1 MB||300×300 px||NO|
Combined ads can also be used in the native way. The ad fits into the content of the website and thus doesn’t disturb users. In today’s world full of information, it is hard to catch user’s attention. People tend to ignore usual forms of advertising and strive for interesting content. This is what a native ad can offer.
Data from the Sharethrough survey (a software solutions provider for native advertising) compared native adverts with classic banner advertising. They have shown following results:
- 25% more people take a look at native ads as compared to banners.
- 32% of the respondents would share this type of ad with their friends, compared to 19% for banners.
- About 18% more respondents showed purchase intent.
- Don’t use a native ad as a banner.
- Attract the user’s attention with an interesting topic and do not sell the products directly.
- Create a caption that captures the reader’s need. Attract the user with relevant content and use a relevant page for what has been promised in the ad.
- Use your blog or other content as a landing page.
- Link your content with your e-shop or show the product/service as a part of the article.
- Use retargeting in another campaign to target people who have visited the blog and show them another type of ad.
- As an illustration, use an image that relates to the topic of your ad.
Target your ads on the following native placements:
* Text ads also display on these placements so that native ads can be displayed on text ads positons or on native ads positions.
** In Ad group, you need to exclude seznamzpravy.cz/clanek or prozeny.cz/clanek to display your ad only on native ads positions.
More information about native ads here.
Native ads are not the same as traditional banners:
- As a traditional banner:
- Native ads:
The STDC (See – Think – Do – Care) framework was presented in the Czech Republic for the first time by its creator, Avinash Kaushik. The methodology deals with comprehensive campaign planning, from awareness raising (brand campaigns) through getting the potential customer interested and performance strategy up to customer care. With STDC, the marketer can properly plan the campaign and its targeting and message content, and focus on the right evaluation metrics. More information about STDC here.