Targeting on Placement
The Sklik advertisement system allows to select, in the display network, a website, a subdomain, a part of website, even a specific page where your advertisement will be displayed.
In the adgroup detail, under the Placement tab, you can observe the statistics of individual websites and pages where your advertisement is displayed. You can freely add or exclude websites, subdomains, even specific pages from the display network. Different CPC may be selected for individual websites.
Referring to the selected keywords, Sklik automatically selects relevant ad placement. This parameter is active when selecting the display network by default.
- The page Automated Placement shows you a list of domains and full URL of websites which display your advertisement, with relevant statistics.
- Domains from Automated Placement may be moved to Selected Placement or they can be selected as Excluded Placement.
- If you do not wish your adgroup to display automatically on websites included in the display network and you only want to advertise in Selected Placement, the parameter Automated Placement must be disabled in the campaign settings
Use this parameter to select only individual placement or a combination of placement and keywords. If keywords are selected, the system will choose placement using a contextual method that is similar to Automated Placement, but only within the scope of selected websites.
You can add:
- entire websites (novinky.cz)
- subdomains (tema.novinky.cz)
- parts of websites (www.novinky.cz/cestovani)
- specific pages (http://www.novinky.cz/cestovani/guatemala.html)
Sklik recognises various types of input:
- Input novinky.cz – targeting the entire domain, including its subdomains.
- Input www.novinky.cz – targeting a specific subdomain that does not include other subdomains at the given domain.
- Therefore, the input of www.novinky.cz will not have advertisement displayed on the subdomain tema.novinky.cz.
If the status after the input of placement is inactive / does not cover advertisement space, this means that the placement is not part of the advertisement space offered by Seznam.cz.
You can exclude an entire domain, subdomain, a part of a website or a specific page.
Selecting Placement novinky.cz and exclude tema.novinky.cz your advertisement will be displayed throughout the novinky.cz website apart from the tema.novinky.cz subdomain.