Advanced setting of RTG code for product (item_id)
Use the modified retargeting code in the following cases:
- The identifier of the offer is placed in the URL after the characters ? or #.
- You are using variations of offers and multiple different offers are physically located on one URL (e.g. bed dimensions or colors of one t-shirt).
- For some reason, the URL in the XML feed does not match the URL where the offer is located when the user normally accesses the site. Including redirected URLs.
Use of ITEM_ID
It is recommended to use itemId pairing if the offer identifier in the URL is a parameter after the ? or #. In order for Sklik to know what product the user is viewing on the site, the existing retargeting code needs to be modified.
The retargeting code needs to be extended with certain parameters as follows:
- Complete the 2 bold lines
- The value of the itemId parameter should be the ITEM_ID of the offers from your XML feed on Zboží.cz. You can find out how to handle the parameter in the feed in the Zboží.cz specification.
- In the second line, you only need to enter the offerdetail value for pages with offer details.
For an experienced webmaster it should not be a problem to insert these values via tag manager. Just be careful, when inserting RTG code, both “var list_retargetingId” and “var list_retargeting_id ” can be entered.
Correct deployment is evident by seeing an increase in the number of tagged users in the DRTG – Product Visitors (DRTG – Návštěvníci produktů) retargeting list within 24 hours.
We recommend setting a higher cost-per-click for targeting product visitors, as this audience is displayed more relevant offers (closer to what the user was looking for) and is therefore more likely to click and buy.
A DRTG list targeting category visitors behaves identically to a DRTG list with product visitors.
If the list is paused, no new audiences are added. However, DRTG is delivered for existing audiences.
If the list is in the Deleted condition, neither audience matching nor DRTG publishing occurs.
“For advanced RTG code to work correctly, ITEM_ID and CATEGORY must not be used together in the same part of the code, but separately – ITEM_ID must be used at the product level and CATEGORY at the category level.”