Combined (responsive) ads are created from texts and pictures. All you need to do is enter a short and long headline, images, the company name, description, and URL. A logo is optional and in the event of a missing logo the company name will be shown. After launching your campaign, the Sklik system generates ads automatically. Ads are fitted into available ad space on our partners’ websites. Combined ads are shown in the Sklik display network and they don’t replace banners.
- Rectangular picture – recommended dimensions 1200 x 628 px.
- Square picture – recommended dimensions 1200 x 1200 px.
- Square logo – recommended dimensions 1200 x 1200 px.
- Rectangular logo – recommended dimensions 1200 x 300 px.
- Short headline – the short headline is the first row of an ad and it is shown when the long headline is too long for the available ad space.
- Long headline – In some ads only the long headline is shown, so it is important to show the user the subject of the ad and what they can expect on the landing page.
- Description – The description is added to the short headline and calls users to action.
- Company Name – You can use your business name or brand name
|picture + short headline + description + favicon + company name|
|picture + short headline description + logo/company name with favicon|
|picture + long headline|
|picture + short headline + logo/company name with favicon|
|picture + short headline + description|
|short headline + description + favicon|
|long headline + favicon|
There is always one of the headline displayed – short or long, according to size of advertising place. There are never displayed two headlines at the same time. Text of headline is never shorten.
Rules of combined ads
|Text field||Max. lenght||Obligatory|
|Short headline||25 charecters||YES|
|Long headline||90 charecters||YES|
|Company name||25 charecters||YES|
|Destination URL||1024 charecters||YES|
|Tracking template||1024 charecters||NO|
|Type of picture||Min. dimensions||Max. picture size||Recommended dimensions||Obligatory|
|Rectagle (1,91:1)||600×314 px||1 MB||1200×628 px||YES|
|Square (1:1)||300×300 px||1 MB||1200×1200 px||YES|
|Type of logo||Min. dimensions||Max. logo size||Recommended dimensions||Obligatory|
|Rectagle (4:1)||512 × 128 px||1 MB||800×200 px||NO|
|Square (1:1)||128 × 128 px||1 MB||300×300 px||NO|
Combined ads can also be used in the native way. The ad fits into the content of the website and thus doesn’t disturb users. That is useful in today’s world full of information, where it’s hard to catch the user’s attention. The human brain does not even have the capacity to absorb the thousands of advertising messages to which it is exposed daily. We are increasingly confronted with the concept of advertising blindness. People tend to ignore advertising on the Internet and mainly want interesting content. This is what a native ad can offer.
Here is some data from a survey by Sharethrough (a software solutions provider for native advertising) that compared native adverts with classic banner advertising:
- 25% more people take a look at native adverts as compared to banners.
- 32% of the respondents would share this type of ad with their friends, compared to 19% for banners.
- About 18% more respondents showed an intention to order goods.
- Don’t use a native ad as a banner.
- Attract the user’s attention with an interesting topic and do not sell the products directly.
- Create a caption that captures the reader’s need. Attract the user with relevant content and use a relevant page for what has been promised in the ad.
- Use your blog or other content as a landing page.
- Link your content with your e-shop or show the product/service as a part of the article.
- Use retargeting in another campaign to target people who visited the blog and show them another type of ad.
- As an illustration, use an image that relates to the topic of your ad.
Target your ads on the following native placements:
* Text ads also display on these placements so that native ads can be displayed on text ads positons or on native ads positions.
** In Ad group, you need to exclude seznamzpravy.cz/clanek or prozeny.cz/clanek to display your ad only on native ads positions.
More information about native ads here.
Native ads are not the same as traditional banners:
- As a traditional banner:
- Native ads:
The STDC (See – Think – Do – Care) framework was presented in the Czech Republic for the first time by its creator, Avinash Kaushik. The methodology deals with comprehensive campaign planning, from awareness raising (brand campaigns) through getting the potential customer interested and performance strategy up to customer care. With STDC, the marketer can properly plan the campaign and its targeting and message content, and focus on the right evaluation metrics. More information about STDC here.